Monday, December 05, 2005

Hillsboro Katrina Report for December 5


This is our first posting for the Hillsboro mission to Gautier, Mississippi. I'm so grateful to the entire church and especially Pastor McCall for the support they've given in preparation for this important work.

Wes Carter from Salem's First Presbyterian has introduced me to the world of blogging, whatever that means. For me, it means a chance to keep an Internet journal of this mission, and to present a kind of bulletin board for Hillsboro friends to follow and to post their own comments. Here are some other Internet resources you might want to follow:

www.gautierpresby.com (the local Presbyterian church in Gautier)
www.salemkatrina.blogspot.com (Salem First Pres blog)
www.gautierpresby.blogspot.com (blog of Pastor Bullock from Gautier Presbyterian)

I had a nice dinner with the Carters tonight as we discussed the trip and work to be done in the Gulf, and even after my first trip with the Red Cross, I'm excited about this new opportunity to serve!

In Faith,

Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home