Sunday, May 06, 2007

A wonderful day in church May 6

Today I was able to go to Gautier Presbyterian Church and it was special. I was able to borrow a car from BFS today as God had arranged that I could be there. People were excited to see me today as they all know me after spending several months attending church there. But as I went down the row to sit, a couple guys followed me. They had been in my village last Oct and they were a special group. There were 4 of them and of course they remembered my name but I didn't remember any of their names, only their faces. Getting hugs all around was so neat. They said they had talked about me last night, wondering where I was and what I was doing. They just arrived in the Gautier village last night from Washington Presbytery in PA. I think Jim Wright was the leader so how could I forget his name but after meeting dozens of new people each week, I can't remember all of them anymore.

It was emotional at the services this morning as the Pastor introduced me and said I had been the village manager last year and this spring they had prayed for me when I had my surgery. It was overwhelming and tears came. And I knew my heart was still down in MS. I don't know what I will be doing this year as I won't be going back to be a manager with PDA. I'm not sure about working with Compassion First/BFS but I know God has a plan for my life yet, whatever that is. God has blessed me in so many ways with all the people who have touched my life or that I have worked with.

Susan and George from church treated me to lunch today so it was nice to visit with them. They had managed volunteers at the Gautier church some last year so we could share stories. Gautier church does not host volunteers anymore but groups staying at the Gautier village attend services there usually. They really welcome all the volunteers, though as there are some nearly every week.

I will be returning to OR on Wed and back to the things I do there. God bless you and take care.

Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home