Monday, November 27, 2006

Welcome back at HPC Nov 26

Yesterday was another emotional day for me. I thought Sunday would be okay but when people at church started giving me hugs and saying how much they missed me, I felt overwhelmed. I got to share about Presbyterian Disaster Assistance and some events or things that happened in Gautier, MS, or about people I intereacted with. I have spent exactly half of the last year in MS since Dec 2005 until Dec 2006. But I was blessed by our Lord and enjoyed serving Him there.
A special person was in attendance that morning who had been a volunteer in my village in Sept from Ohio. It was so neat to see her as she was visiting her daughter and family and they came to HPC. For her to be there on my first Sunday back was a God thing!!!

There was a reception after the service by my small group. The cake was great with a big sun on it with some flowers. Sunshine will be the one thing I will miss here in OR.
I displayed pictures from all the stages of building my kitchen, scenes from within the village, more pictures of devastation from Long Beach and Waveland areas. It is still so desolate there and the only thing present are the weeds that have grown up. We did see some new construction with homes being built on stilts or pillers. Different communities have certain height requirements.

It was a pleasure to have my daughter on the organ during the service as I don't get to hear her often. My son Brian and his family came also which made the day special for me. He even treated us to lunch afterwards.

This may be my last entry for a while as I don't know when I may be returning to MS. I realize most everyone expects me to go again.

Phyllis

1 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger St. Casserole said...

Thank you for coming to help us.
The Gulf Coast needs volunteers to help us re-build homes and hearts.

God bless you for caring for us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home