Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Back to the Gulf Coast April 18, 2007

Greetings,
On Sat April 21 I'm going down to Houma, LA, on the Gulf Coast. This time it will be a different experience for me as I will be just a plain volunteer and not a village manager as my previous trips. There are 3 others going also who will return to OR April 28 after their week of work. We fly into New Orleans and rent a car to drive to Houma which is 55 miles SW of New Orleans.


Pictured are Jerry and Lita Lenz, Pastor Michael, Phyllis (me) and Andrea Wastier. I'm explaining where the team is going and something about the work. Then Pastor Michael led in a blessing of service for us in Louisiana.

Houma is located in bayou country, an area which had been hit by both hurricanes Katrina and Rita. The homes must be elevated to a minimum of 8 ft above sea level which should be interesting to work on.

I'm staying until May 9 and will do some work in Biloxi but more about that later. I'm leaving just as my tulips in pots on my deck are beginning to bloom. And tulips are my favorite flower. I missed them last year, too as I was in Mississippi in April and May 2006. Spring is my time of year so I need to plan better next year.

God's love to you all,
Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home