Monday, January 02, 2006

Gautier site Jan 2, 2006

I just realized that my blog from Dec 31 wasn't out there yet so these are out of order. Wes was to add some pictures but he still can.

We've had a very windy warm day but no fog this morning so not so damp. The last couple days the humidity is so high that our clothes feel damp when we put them on in the morning. The floors in our huts are wet. But we had a lot of rain yesterday afternoon and last night so many of the huts had water in them.

This morning at 6 am a group left to go back to Chicago. We (Lori and I) always pray with the groups as they are ready to leave. A part of us goes with each group that leaves. Some people impact us more than others but they all touch us in some way. Most of the people when they leave have a few tears, don't want to go home, wish they could stay. Some of these people will be back in a few months, just like me. I guess once this work gets into your blood, it stays there. I have done things in 2005 that I never dreamed about. So on New Years Eve as we were sharing in our group, I wondered what the Lord has in store for me next year. New Years Eve was the most different one I've had but was so neat as we sat around the camp fire. We had communion and each person shared something about this experience in MS. (There were 2 pastors in the groups.) Life is good. Wed will be my turn to be emotional as I leave here after 3 weeks.

Blessings to you, Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home