Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday Oct 14

Saturdays can be a more down day as the groups left this morning. One group left at 6 am and I am up to have a circle of prayer and see them off. The other group was up and getting ready to leave also but several were heading to the airport while others were driving so they left at different times. One has worked and talked with these people all week so some bonds are made and when they leave, part of you goes with them. But Sun evening 2 new groups arrive so I start all over again.

The first thing I do after a group leaves is go thru the pods. I check for forgotten items, be sure it is clean. Today I tossed out a few cots as some had bent legs and won't hold you. Then I sweep and mop the floor, if necessary. Some leave their pod very clean and others are not so clean. They are to be presentable for the new people staying in them.

Someone told me they didn't deliver food on Sat but my order came at 8 am. So I had to do some rearranging in the freezers. We need to do first in, first out so I put the newer stuff under the other. My freezers are quite full but 40 people will eat a good amount this next week.

Yesterday we got rain but not a lot. But it was cool, windy with high at 71. Last night was cold, even I got cold in my trailer. This morning people hated to get out of their sleeping bags as temp was 47. Rather chilly for MS. But many of these people were going back to places that had snow Thur and Fri. Today will be back to normal temps of about 80. I realized I don't have clothes for cool weather as I only packed for Sep and Oct. I will need to get a couple long sleeve shirts and another sweatshirt.

Tomorrow is Sunday so take time to worship our Lord and praise Him, whereever you are. He is mighty and greatly to be praised. blessings on you.

Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home