Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A special guest Oct 3

This week I have a special volunteer in the village. He is a missionary in Guatamala where he and his family have lived for over 20 years. They are back in TX on furlough for a few months but decided to come to a PDA village with a friend. He is used to having groups come there to do mission projects but he commented they don't have near as nice facilities to house the people. He's on the other side this time so was a good experience for him. He's with a friend's group from FL who are doing a roof this week. Yesterday was hot for the crews out there. One crew goes out at daylight which is 6:30 to start on their roof. We will do 2 roofs this week and have many more to do. We're wanting cooler weather.

We also have a HVAC person here for 3 days and he's been checking out or servicing some of the ac's where our groups are working. It was nice having 24 volunteers in the village and finding jobs for them and sending them out. They were all willing to do whatever I needed. It makes it easier to get all the chores done with this many people. I had to take the truck with large tools to one site plus a trip to Lowe's - same routine as in the spring which I sorta enjoy.

I will relate an incident that happened to me last Friday. It took me a day to recover but am doing fine. I'm coming back to Gautier after a farewell breakfast for our finance person. I'm going along at the speed limit on a 4 lane highway when a vehicle that had been parked on the side pulled out in front of me. There is a full lane of traffic on my left side plus another vehicle parked along the right side of the road. My only flash of memory is that the car that had pulled out became very small compared to my truck and I went thru the middle of these lanes of traffic. The only explanation is divine intervention as I had no where to go. God's angels were there. When I arrive in the village, the first carload of volunteers from VA have just arrived but I couldn't deal with them for about an hour. My friend Sue was here and immediately started thanking God and His angels for sparing all of us from a major accident. The Lord God still performs miracles for us, that's all I can say.

"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it". PS 118:24. May we live one day at a time as we don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home