Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Life at Gautier April 5

Hi to everyone. I hope all is going well with youth group tonite. It was beautiful today - upper 70's but it got cold last night that I had to grab more covers. Many were cold this morning as they didn't know how to turn on the kerosene heaters. We thought the cold nights might be over but they hadn't removed the heaters yet.


I finally started driving my truck Mon. It is a Chev Silverado, has 8 cylinders so has a little power. They got the big ones to pull the trailers in case of evacuation. It is taking a little getting used to in parking lots so I park farther away and sometimes use 2 spots. Can't you see me tooling down the highway?

2 more groups arrived on Mon - 15 from Lexington KY and 3 from Hilton Head SC. I shared with a couple of them that I had been there 2 weeks ago. We had a large group doing a roof on a large house which had many challeges but they're getting it done. If we had a few people each week with their skills we could get to more jobs. These groups will all leave Sat but 2 new ones come again.

Talk to you later. Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home