Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sunday at Gautier April 2

I did an entry Sunday but something happened and it didn't get saved or sent so I am starting over. I went to church with the MI people and half of the people in the church were volunteers. There are numerous people who stay at the Gautier Presby Church and some have been there for several months. They are snowbirds but this is where they stayed and worked. I'm having fun with the "Hollanders" this week from MI as it is similar to my background. Many of the people in my church in Sioux Falls were Dutch so I'm at home with them. Some of the volunteers were introduced on Sun and the pastor introduced me specifically as the manager at the Gautier village as we will work together. A highlight for me at church was the statment of faith which was Q 21 from the Heidelberg Cathecism on faith. And it was communion Sunday also. The 2nd neat thing was to see a Rogers Organ newly installed and played. Martha is trying to learn it but she really appreciated getting all the music so thanks Sandy for arranging that.

We also have a group of 6 from Calhoun GA who are working today. They are only here for 3 days so wanted to work every day. We were able to find a place for them. Most of the jobs are roofing as we need to get that done before we do much on the inside. The MI group spent the afternoon looking at the devastation and going into the water on the gulf.

It has been so hot about 85 every afternoon and some people are having a hard time with it. air conditioning will be done in the huts later this month so that will be nice. I will try to get some pictures added to my blogs this week, found someone who can help me. So check my earlier days as I can edit any time. Blessings to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home