Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What a week so far Oct 17

This has been a stormy week with rain, thunder and lightning, tornado watches and warnings all in 2 days. It started to rain Sun night and had a tornado warning by Biloxi and Ocean Springs about 6 am on Mon. the storms were moving north so we stayed put. In fact the cooks for breakfast had started cooking and serving by 6:30. I kept an eye on the clouds but they were moving mighty fast to the north. We have a NOAA satellite radio and it kept going off for several hours. We were under a tornado watch until 9 am. It rained about 1/2 inch Mon so water was standing around.

Mon mornings are rather chaotic getting the groups out to their work sites on a normal day so this was really a challenge with the rain. The groups got their stuff loaded finally and were given their directions about an hour later than usual. Rest of the day had light rain off and on (like the OR rain). Come evening the storms were there again. One guy had a GPS for his airplane which also has weather so he was keeping track of the storm during the night. This time we had some lightning and thunder but not too close. It pours again at breakfast time. Today I dug out my big rain boots so I could just sloosh thru the puddles and didn't have to be careful where I walked. Yesterday I looked like a drowned rat as my poncho didn't protect me much as it was very windy with the rain. Today wasn't windy and didn't keep raining.


I spend most of my morning mopping up water in my office, tool tent and pantry tent with a shop vac. When the volunteers all come back in they will be using the vac to mop up the water in their pods. It comes in on the floor seams the way they are built. It is to rain for 2 more days yet.

A new group from Ocala, FL arrived last night so were out on the job this morning. No roofing jobs this week with all the rain so most every group was doing drywall in its various stages.

No other exciting news so will close for today. God's blessings on you.
Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home