Monday, June 05, 2006

My first Sunday back in Oregon June 4

Everyone was so delighted to see me in church yesterday. They said how much they had missed me while I was gone. Those 2 months went so fast and my mind is atill back in MS. I woke up the first night at home and wondered where I was as it looked different than my trailer and then I realized I'm in my own bed.


On Sun Pastor Michael called me forward during the service and presented a plate to me for Hillsboro PResbyterian Church. It came from the mission commission of the Cascades Presbytery to churches who have sent teams to help Katrina victims in MS. Our church has the plate on display for the month of June. It was so appropriate that it was my first Sun back and it was the day that the HPC group was doing a presentation about their experience in MS.


John and Yvonne from LaGrande, OR came over for the weekend to be part of the presentation also and share in a mini reunion. Everyone wore their blue PDA shirts and/or badges which was neat. I wore my blue manager shirt and I spoke more about the job of the manager, process for people getting assistance. J R did a DVD show that covered some before and after pictures of Katrina, pictures of what their group did on the job sites. We had a sandwich lunch after the service so people could eat while we did the presentation.

Thank you all for reading this blog, praying for me, encouraging me as I've had a good time in MS and will go back. I have no specific plans for the summer so probably won't be adding to my blog site for now. Blessings to you.

Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home