Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Volunteers arrive today Sep 6

A group of 13 arrived from Georgia late this afternoon so it is nice to have people here. It has been rather quiet alone for 2 nights. Today we had a session on self-care for us long-term volunteers, stress points to look for, who to turn to for assistance. It was conducted by a couple that PDA brought in to also do a longer session with the YAV's. They are in MS receiving a lot of training on self, group dynamics, coping, etc. Then next week they will come to the Gautier village and will get the practical training. There are 6 of them and one will be the worksite manager under me at Gautier which will be a big help.

Yesterday I cleaned the refrigerators so I could restock them today. Several of the volunteers this week will stay here and help clean all the pods (huts), pantry and reorganize it, put the rest of the tools away. Most of the hand tools are still in the trailer to come. I have no hammers, taping equipment, hand saws - stuff that we kept in buckets. My tool tent is very empty today compared to what it should be. We need some of those items so my crews can go out on a job tomorrow.

We are getting some light rain tonite. In fact today wasn't too hot so I could be outside working more. One learns to be very flexible and meet challenges. Good night to you all.

Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home