Saturday, September 09, 2006

Sorting and moving around day Sep 9

We are getting a few sprinkles this morning. It hasn't been enough to settle the dust yet but feels so much cooler. Our temps have been in the mid to upper 80's during the day but the breeze comes up about 4 - 5 pm which helps a lot.

At the village we now order food 2 or 3 times a week which gets delivered to my dining tent which is great as the quantities are large. I received my first food order yesterday- which included 4 gal of milk, 4 gal of orange juice, 10 loaves of bread (which are kept frozen), box of 88 apples (can get different varieties), box with 15 dozen eggs, 3 gal container of ice cream, box of 60 small bags of chips (one kind). This has been interesting. The catalog has pages of items so I need to be careful to chose the proper item. The next problem is getting it all stored in the freezer or refrigerators. We shop locally then for fresh produce, or smaller quantities of items or things we forgot. If we place the order by 3 pm, it gets delivered the next day from Jackson MS.

Yesterday and today I have also been working in my tool tent. I finally have received all the stuff but some was put wherever and mixed up with other stuff. I was pulling out the sandpaper and sanding tools to put with the drywall stuff. The tool tent is lined with shelves and one shelving unit is for drywall stuff, another for painting items, one has all sizes, types of nails, etc. I wanted all the cordless drills in cases in one area but some are missing their bases to be recharged. I charged some to be sure we have them ready to go next week. Then we have numerous electric drills with no cases. We have some tools that I don't foresee us using but we have them. I know it won't stay as neat but everyone is responsible for putting them back in their proper place. Many shelves are identified which makes it easier. It has to be kept organized so the next person can find what he needs for his job. In another week I will have someone here permnantly to help with the tools. Then I will have to start on the paperwork I need to do.

Take care and blessings to you.
Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home