Friday, November 03, 2006

November already and cold Nov 3

This past week went by very fast it seems. Since I had extended my stay here in MS I was able to take 2 days off. Just to go somewhere else, be away from the village, leave my blackberry with my assistant was all great. That was on Tues and Wed but then on Thur we had a managers' meeting at the Orange Grove village so another half day of being gone. I enjoy getting together with the other managers plus the PDA staff and hearing what is happening in their villages, the fellowship as we are all in this together. Then we had group pictures taken for Christmas cards and promoting PDA recovery. We all wore our blue shirts which say PRESBYTERIAN DISASTER ASSISTANCE.

Last night got cold, our coldest night so far. It was 39 degrees this morning at 6:30. It is be only in the mid 60's today and tomorrow plus upper 30's again tonite. But the sun is shining with no clouds in the sky so it will feel warmer in my office. We have to be sure there is enough kerosene in the heaters tonite for the pods. They get cold, especially with the northeast winds. I checked out the heaters in the shower units and they all work. Needed my gloves this morning which I have.

There was only a small group of 6 here for most of the week from Bluffton, SC. On 2 days there were 8 as a couple joined them for 2 days. One gets to know people better in smaller groups but they have to do all the cooking, cleaning as well as work at a job site.

Tis all for today.
Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home