Saturday, November 04, 2006

Saturday Nov 4

Another very chilly day down on the Gulf Coast. It was 42 degrees this morning. We are really glad the kerosene heaters were working and full of fuel for last night. We even put a heater to blow into the dining tent as it was cold in there. It has the same temps as the outdoors. But the sun comes up and totally clear blue skies so it is a beautiful day and temp got up to mid sixties yesterday and today. But next week it will be back to 80 so the weather is messed up. These temps are about 10 degrees cooler than normal. The people working on the job site really like the cooler temps.

I have a group coming in tonite from Jamestown, NC as they drive it in one day. I also get another group Sun evening coming from Canada so will have 27 people here this next week. That is a nice size to have in the village. We will be able to send crews to about 4 homes which feels like making more progress. This has been a relaxing day for me as I didn't have to clean many pods for incoming volunteers which is so nice. But there are always other tasks in the village like sorting out tools to their proper place, picking up trash on the grounds, paperwork, etc plus time to do my laundry and go shopping for the village.

This is short today but I've been behind in some of my entries. The group leaving today left a little void but now I start over again. Attend the church of your choice tomorrow, give someone a hug or touch, take time to love the Lord our God.

Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home