Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Here we go again Nov 15

Well, another morning with tornado warnings in our area. They started about 5:30 am in St Martin area on Jackson county line. I didn't know about them until 6:30 when a funnel was spotted over Ocean Springs again moving northeast which is right over us but the warning was for Escatawpa (took me awhile to learn correct pronounciation). By then people are cooking breakfast but we didn't go anywhere. But we had severe thunderstorms for several hours, lightning hit the tower twice. Rain quit for a couple hours, then really dumped for a couple hours. We got 2.7 inches by 3 pm today. All of MS and part of AL are under a watch all day. So of course, I am wearing my big boots today. But the great news is that the driveway area with the new gravel is great and no standing water there, just everywhere else in the village and in the pods. All the groups are out on the job sites, doing drywall and some plumbing where they were all indoors.

It was cold last night but temps really rose overnight and it was 70 degrees when I got up this morning. Everyone was shedding the covers. Tues morning was cold and my tank ran out of propane about 3 am. I got up and switched it over but forgot to open the other tank so I stayed cold. In the morning I checked it out better. Not used to doing those kinds of things.

These past few weeks I have been freezing most of the mornings or evenings with the cooler temps. My blood must have really thinned out in the heat in Sept. I wear a sweatshirt and my jacket. I'm also wondering if I've been losing weight. We eat well in the village although my servings are normal but my clothes seem to be much looser. I even put them in the dryer - must be stretching them instead of shrinking them.

Tomorrow (Thur) is our managers event or meeting. We're going bowling (even though I can't bowl) as a group as a farewell to David and me, 2 long-term volunteers. He came a few days after me and leaves this weekend so I'm here about 2 weeks longer than he is. He built my kitchen in Sept which is great. Sue and Steve also helped work on it with David.

I have 2 cooks in the village this week which is great. Tom alternates with another couple who cook every other night. We're having some fancier meals which is a treat as they even make a dessert. They work all day and then come back to cook. Marvelous.
Tis all for today. Blessings to each of you.

Phyllis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home