Saturday, November 18, 2006

My last Saturday in MS Nov 18

Saturdays are hard days sometimes. My 3 groups left this morning at different times. I missed 2 guys who left at 4 am but I was up for the 6 am people. 3 from NC went back to a house, however, to finish up some work as they had run into plumbing problems yesterday. They called me about noon and they had finished and were leaving for home. What dedication on their part. Some of them had worked on this lady's house in March so they wanted to go back there. She now has an operational bathroom.

Every group is interesting. One group this week brought a flat screen tv and a satelitte dish so they could watch football this week. It was nice to have the tv when the storms went thru our area again this week as we watched the weather channel. There is a plan to get cable tv for the village sometime soon.

I have missed my last 2 Sundays off but will take tomorrow off. A new group came tonite and they want to go to Waveland which is where I wanted to go and it's not much fun doing it alone. They have room for me so will go with them. In fact they are taking me out to dinner tonite which is also a special treat. But last weekend I was down emotionally and when the group came in Sat evening I lost it. They had been here before so just came in and started taking charge of things. I tried to tell them things were different since Mar. I took to my trailer as I couldn't face people. At 6 am Sun I called a PDA staff person to come take over my village as I couldn't function or face anyone. I left for the day and went somewhere that I felt safe and could be alone and returned home very early Mon. That is rare for me as I usually stay calm and collected.

We are having sunny days with temps in the 60's which is a little cool and some nights have been in the 30's which is cold. this is unusual weather so I continue to freeze. This morning it was 35 when I went down to the dining tent at 6. We have an indoor and outdoor thermometer in there which is nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home